Report Stolen or Damaged Property

This form can only be used to report property that has been stolen or criminally damaged, within Western Australia, up to the value of $3,000.

NOTE: This form is not to be used for the following:

  • Stealing of vehicle registration plates or motor vehicles, including trailers or caravans – phone police on 131444
  • ANY other offence involving a motor vehicle - including theft from or criminal damage to a motor vehicle - phone police on 131 444 
  • If a person has unlawfully entered, or tried to enter, your home or business (Burglary) - phone police on 131 444
  • If there is a suspect or witness to the offence or if CCTV footage is available  - phone police on 131 444
  • Lost Property - report via Online Services Report my Lost Property

Things to remember when completing your form: 

  • Ensure you include a detailed description of the circumstances surrounding the theft of and/or criminal damage to your property
  • Your report will be invalid if it relates to Lost, Stolen or criminally Damaged property which occurred outside Western Australia; report these incidents to Police in the jurisdiction where  the loss or offence happened
  • Initially add only one piece of stolen / or damaged property to your report, not exceeding $3,000. You will be emailed further instructions / advice on how to add additional property items to your report via Check my Crime 

NOTE: Once your form is submitted, you will receive a submission number beginning with “SDP”. This is not an incident report number, but advice that your report has been successfully submitted. You will receive an incident report number and link to Check my Crime via a separate email.


Report online