Guide to handing in your firearms
If you have an unregistered firearm that you wish to surrender to the WA Police Force, please abide by the following:
- You will be able to surrender the firearm at any police station across Western Australia;
- Plan ahead. Contact your local police station to advise them of your intent to hand in a firearm;
- Ensure the firearm is unloaded, if you are unsure or do not know if it is loaded, explain that when you first arrive at the police station;
- Do not point the firearm at any person;
- Take the bolt/firing mechanism out if possible;
- 'Break' the firearm if mechanism allows; and
- Carry the firearm in a suitable firearm carry bag, case, box or other covering. Do not carry the firearm uncovered.
If you have any queries, please contact 1300 071 011.