What happens if I do not want the vehicle?
- Please complete the 80JA form (link to form), this gives the Commissioner the right to dispose of your vehicle prior to the scheduled release date.
- The impounded vehicle will be held for a total of 21 days after the scheduled release date
- Proceedings will commence to dispose of the vehicle within 7 days after the scheduled release date
- The convicted offender is liable for all costs associated with the vehicle’s impound and disposal.
- If the sale of a vehicle does not cover these costs, the driver will be sent an invoice for the outstanding amount and debt collection processes commenced.