Wooroloo Guns and Drugs Charges
A Kalgoorlie man has been charged with numerous drug and gun possession charges as a result of an operation targeting illegal drugs and stolen property in the Kalgoorlie District.
On 4 February 2019 a vehicle stop was conducted on Great Eastern Highway in Wooroloo and the driver was identified as a person of interest to Kalgoorlie Detectives.
It is alleged during the search of the vehicle police located and seized:
- Approximately 482grams of Methylamphetamine,
- Pepper Spray, and
- A Taser torch.
Further inquiries by Kalgoorlie Detectives resulted in a search warrant being executed on 11 February 2019 at a property on Bulong Road in Kanowna.
It is alleged during the search of two sea containers located on the property, police located and seized:
- Two handguns,
- A modified rifle,
- A modified shotgun,
- Approximately 300 rounds of ammunition,
- 3 generators (suspected stolen valued around $40,000),
- 1000 litre diesel fuel tank and pump on trailer (suspected to be stolen,
- Stolen Toyota Landcruiser, and
- Drug paraphernalia.
A 45-year-old man from Kalgoorlie is due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court on 19 February 2019 charged with:
- Five counts of Possessing Stolen or Unlawfully Obtained Property,
- Four counts of Unlicensed Person Came into Possession of Three or more Firearms, and
- One count of Unlicensed Person Possess Ammunition.
The investigation is currently ongoing.